Strawbale house

This is the log of my experience building my straw bale home. I am told the pictures do not do the actual finished product justice, however, I am pleased to share it with all who are interested on this site. The trials and tribulations in getting the permit could have brought the project to an abrupt halt, but I knew in my heart that this was something I was meant to do and giving in or quiting was never an option. Enjoy........ and feel free to share with your friends!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Heating system

Geothermal pipes (black on the right) circulate ethanol out into the field, drawing ground heat from the earth, bringing it back to the house, where it goes thru the heat pump (box on the floor), which in turn heats the hot water tank (white tank to left of heat pump) which then heats the water for the radiant floor heating (pipes t0 the left of the hot water tank).
House is heated from the floor up. Also, passive solar gain will be received due to the orientation of the house, (due south) for maximum utilization of the natural heat from the sun in the winter.
Roof pitch is designed to let in the sun's rays in, in the winter (sun sits lower in the sky in the winter) and to keep them out in the summer (sun sits higher in the sky in the summer). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home