Strawbale house

This is the log of my experience building my straw bale home. I am told the pictures do not do the actual finished product justice, however, I am pleased to share it with all who are interested on this site. The trials and tribulations in getting the permit could have brought the project to an abrupt halt, but I knew in my heart that this was something I was meant to do and giving in or quiting was never an option. Enjoy........ and feel free to share with your friends!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Landscaping begins....

Finally, just starting to landscape the front. I am using 16" cedar posts, angled on the top for drainage. This will mark my planting beds.
Plenty of grading and leveling to do!!
Eaves trough are in, so full steam ahead to work on the outside. It is so hot during the day (and the front is full southern exposure), that the only time to work is early in the morning and late afternoon/early evening.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!! What a beautiful home!! I'm trying to find info about living off the grid right now ... it's been something i've been interested in for years and now I think I want to seriously plan for it. Would love it if you would contact me awillder@tbaytel.net if you're interested in sharing more of your experiences. :D

 
At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful!! My husband and I are just closing a deal on a piece of property north of Madoc, and are planning to start our straw bale home next spring.

You've documented the process very well. I will be bookmarking your blog for my information.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home