Strawbale house

This is the log of my experience building my straw bale home. I am told the pictures do not do the actual finished product justice, however, I am pleased to share it with all who are interested on this site. The trials and tribulations in getting the permit could have brought the project to an abrupt halt, but I knew in my heart that this was something I was meant to do and giving in or quiting was never an option. Enjoy........ and feel free to share with your friends!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wood Stove

Wood stove went in this week - it is a Hearthstone Tribute model. I chose this because it is small (although, it will heat 1300 sq ft approx) and very attractive. It does not dominate the room, as these stove sometimes can.
It is a soapstone stove, which absorbs the high heat of the fire, then radiates it back out in to the room. Once heated, soapstone stays warm for hours to continue warming witha gentle, even, radiant quality of heat that's as comfortable as it is lasting.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 
At 3:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good Job!
Wood Stoves

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home